Best Casinos No Deposit Bonuses
When Canadian players want to try a new casino, the options can be overwhelming. There are sites with brilliant design, awesome game selection, and great bonus offers. What website should you spend your money on?
This is where a no deposit bonus Canada offer can be helpful. You get to try out a few different sites without making a commitment by depositing money.
Although you won’t be playing with your own money, you can still win real money with this type of bonus. Here’s the catch: it’s not easy to find these offers. They come with specific terms, which you have to be aware of. If you win money, you’ll still have to make your own deposit before withdrawing any funds.
When compared to deposit match bonuses, no deposit offers may not have a great winning potential. Still, they enable you to try out a casino with no expense and a good chance to win. If you like what you see, you can continue playing with a real investment.
We managed to identify a few Canadian casinos with great no deposit offers and fair terms, and we’ll offer our recommendations.
Top No Deposit Bonus Casino Canada Offers In 2023
What Is a No Deposit Bonus Casino?
The term is self-explanatory: it’s a casino that offers a bonus without requiring you to make a deposit first. When you sign up as a real user, you’ll receive the no deposit bonus funds in your balance. These may come in the form of bonus credits or free spins. The spins are usually intended to be used on an exclusive selection of slots.
A code is usually not required for these bonuses. You’ll only need to click a button and claim the no deposit offer.
Many gamblers are suspicious towards these offers. Why would a casino let me gamble with its own money and give me a chance to win? Here’s the deal: no deposit bonuses are incentives for attracting new players. The competition in the online gambling industry is huge. Match deposit offers are great, but some websites go further by offering credits without requiring a deposit at all. They allow new players to test the offer for free. Then, they do their best to attract their money by offering speed, high-quality graphics, a great game selection, functional support, and everything else that would keep them gambling there.
Don’t be alarmed by the “too good to be true” thought. Yes; there are terms and conditions for using no deposit bonuses. However, some websites make them fair, and we’re here to discover them for you. If you’re aware of the terms and you willingly accept this type of welcome offer, you’ll only benefit from it.
How to Claim a No Deposit Bonus
Most websites make the procedure relatively easy. Choosing the right casino is the most important part, and our team is here to help with that.
These steps will get you playing for free in no time:
- Choose a casino from our list of recommendations. We selected a few sites that enable you to win cash without making a deposit. Check out the bonuses you like, and claim the one that attracts you the most.
- Sign up with a real profile. Although you’re not making a real deposit, you’ll still have to go through the registration process. The casino will require some details, including your name, email address, and phone number.
- Read the no deposit bonus terms. We cannot stress this enough: don’t opt for a welcome offer without being fully aware of its conditions. Yes; you’ll need to read some small print. But it will only take a few minutes of your time, and you’ll be sure that you’re entering a deal you feel comfortable about. Keep this to mind: online casinos must always stay profitable. They give out gambling credits for free, but a withdrawal is possible only after the gambler meets the terms.
- Opt in to the no deposit bonus! If you’re prompted to choose the bonus offer during the registration process, make sure to opt for a no deposit promo. Some websites require you to activate the bonus in the cashier after you go through the registration procedure. If a code is required, you’ll need to enter it in the designated field.
- Check if the bonus credits are in your account, and start gambling! The casino will display the extra credits in your balance. Keep in mind that no deposit bonuses are usually tied to specific titles. You’ll see what the eligible games are in the bonus terms and conditions.
How Does a Casino No Deposit Bonus Work?
The bonus funds are intended for players to try the offer with a real chance to win. As soon as you get the free spins or extra credits, you can start playing the eligible activities. This is not free money that you can withdraw. You must play through them. In fact, you’ll be required to play through the amount several times before you’re able to withdraw anything. We’ll talk more about that part below.
Canadian players benefit from a no deposit offer in different ways:
- They can play for free as soon as they register, without any risk of losing money
- They still have a chance to win real money
- The free credits give them a chance to learn how the casino works, how fast the website is, and how supportive its agents are
- Gamblers get a chance to try new titles without risking their own money
- If they have a hard time choosing a casino, no deposit bonuses allow gamblers to register on several sites at the same time
When you choose a good offer of this type, you have nothing to lose.
What Are No Deposit Bonus Codes?
We’re happy to see that most registration bonuses in CA online casinos don’t require any codes. But if a code is required, you’ll need to enter a unique sequence of letters and numbers to activate the bonus. You can simply copy and paste the code you found.
Some online casinos send no deposit bonus codes via email once the users register. Sometimes you’ll need to contact the customer support team to ask for your code. You can also check our website for active codes that work in some online casinos.
But the good news is that you don’t need to bother with codes for some of the most impressive online casinos. You’ll only need to check a box showing your agreement to use a no deposit bonus during the registration process. After that, the funds will be automatically credited to your account.
How We Choose the Best No Deposit Casinos
Every single recommendation you see on our website is based on a thorough evaluation and user experience. We’ve been analyzing the online gambling industry for years. Our team consists of passionate gamblers, as well as professionals who’ve worked for online casinos and software development companies. Our experience enables us to recognize great offers at a first sight. Still, we don’t base our reviews on analytics only. We also try online casinos. We sign up, make real deposits, and play the games.
These are the main factors we consider when recommending no deposit bonus casinos:
Casinos that accept Canadian players are usually licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. However, some of them may also hold a license by the Malta Gaming Authority or another international licensing authority. The license shows that the site has been authorized to offer gambling games in a safe online environment. We always check if the license is valid.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
You should be aware of all the details before claiming a bonus! We know that reading the small print is boring, especially when you’re trying to choose between different websites. That’s why we do the hard work for you! In our reviews, you’ll find info on the bonus terms. We only recommend websites that are fair with their terms. Fair means that you have a chance to withdraw some money after you go through the playthrough requirements.
The game lobby has to be rich and entertaining. Otherwise, it’s pointless to spend your time in an online casino, no matter how attractive its bonus is. We always check the game lobby to see the selection of games and providers. We prefer casinos with multiple providers and a broad category of games, including table games, slots, progressive jackpots, and live dealer games. Not all games are eligible for the no deposit offer, but it’s good to have them when you make an actual deposit.
Speed of Payout
How soon can you get your money after winning? In addition to the playthrough requirements, the pending period also makes a difference. The casino should also offer a vast selection of banking methods, which enable quick withdrawal.
Online casinos make everything clear for the users before they sign up. However, you may still have questions about the bonus, game selection, banking methods, or anything else. Your access to a trained customer support team is even more important if you run into any issues while depositing money or playing. After signing up with a real profile and playing the games, we always test how the support team treats its users. Then, we share our experience in the reviews.
Types of No Deposit Casino Programs
You’ll find a variety of bonus programs under the term “no deposit promo.” We’ve tried several casinos that offer credits without a deposit, and we classified the programs in these categories:
This is the most common type of no deposit bonus. Instead of giving you credits that you could use across the entire website, the casino gives you 10 or more free spins on a particular selection of slots. For example, 888 Casino gives you 88 free spins to play Starburst.
We love this type of promo, as it works on all casinos entertaining options. When the casino awards a fixed amount of cash to your account, you can use it across the entire website. This is highly beneficial for players who prefer roulette, blackjack, poker, and other table games over slots. Of course; you can also use the cash on slots if that’s what you enjoy.
Live Casino Bonus No Deposit
This type of program is meant to attract players towards the live dealer offer. It comes in the form of free chips, which you can use on a particular selection of live dealer games. These offers are extremely rare, but we’re carefully monitoring the online gambling industry to recommend the best deals.
Free Chips with No Deposit Bonus Codes
These are tokens that you can use for table games. In some casinos, they are intended to be used on live dealer games. The terms will identify the specific games included in the offer. In most cases, you can play blackjack, baccarat, and/or roulette.
No Deposit Casino Bonus for Mobile Players
Most casinos give mobile players an equal chance to win as everyone else. A mobile-responsive site gives you access to the entire gaming offer. You can use whatever bonus the casino grants to all users.
But if you use an app, a special no deposit bonus may be awarded.
Our team prefers mobile-responsive websites, as they are easy to use and give access to a greater variety of games. However, dedicated apps are more user-friendly in terms of speed and design. Ultimately, it’s your choice. An extra bonus for app users will certainly make a difference!
You can check our individual casino reviews to find the ones that work well on mobile!
Casino Games to Play with a No Deposit Bonus
If we’re being honest, you’ll have a greater selection of games to play with a match deposit bonus. No deposit offers are usually limited to slot machines. However, we did our research and found different websites that offer a variety of bonuses. When you sign up for a few great online casinos, you can try all types of games:
- Slots – This is the largest category of activities in the online gambling industry. There are thousands of slots to choose from. In fact, slots are the focus of competition between the most popular software developers. You can play classic, five-reel, six- and seven-reel, interactive, VR slots, and progressive jackpot slots. Keep in mind that progressive jackpot slots are rarely included in a no deposit offer. But you can try other games and make a deposit if you like the website and want to bet on progressives.
- Table games – It’s what makes online casinos feel closer to the real gambling experience. You can join a game of poker, roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and any other type of table game that you would play in a brick-and-mortar casino.
- Live dealer games – You can access a table with other players from all around the world. A real dealer guides the game, and you’ll watch the progress through live streaming from a studio. In our experience, this is the best aspect of online gambling. It’s great when you get an opportunity to play live dealer games with free chips.
Popular Slots to Play with No Deposit Bonuses
We created a list of top free slots that are available with free spins. If you’re willing to try online gambling, we suggest these games for a great start!
- Starburst: This is one of NetEnt’s most popular games. It has a colorful and vibrant theme inspired by the space. There are only 10 paylines, so you won’t get confused by too many wagering options. That’s what makes Starburst perfect for beginner gamblers. When you see one or more wilds on the reels 2, 3 and 4, you’ll trigger the Starburst Wild feature. The slot’s RTP is 96.1%, which is pretty high for this type of game. You can try Starburst as part of 888 Casino’s no deposit offer. You’ll also get free spins on this slot on Casino Cruise, Casino Dome, and a few other websites.
- Boom Galaxy: This slot is part of Jackpot City Casino’s bonus of 50 free spins for new players. It features futuristic graphics, and it’s pretty simple to play with 5 reels and 3 rows. When compared to some complex slots we tried, it feels a bit plain. But Boom Galaxy is still a decent game, and it’s better when you realize that you get a chance to win real money for free. We loved the immersive storyline with Pop, Pip, Jeff, and Pap as the main characters. Wild symbols show up quite a bit in this game.
- Gonzo’s Quest: This is another popular slot provided by NetEnt. It’s commonly included in no deposit offers. For example, you’ll get 10 free spins on Gonzo’s Quest for signing up at 21Prive Casino. It’s a fun game with 5 reels and 20 paylines. The maximum jackpot is 2500 coins, and the slot’s RTP is 96%. The conquistador theme is thrilling, and the graphics are outstanding (that’s a standard for NetEnt). We love the short intro movie of this slot; it creates an engaging storyline that makes the game fun. The best part of this slot is the Avalanche Multipliers feature.
Terms and Conditions for Canadian No Deposit Bonus Casinos
All online casino promo offers are subjected to terms and conditions. They depend on the website’s individual offer, so it’s important to always read the terms before accepting a deal. Although the requirements are competitive, they may vary a great deal between websites. Our reviews make it easier for you to understand different bonuses.
In general, these are the aspects to consider:
You’ll often come across the term wagering requirements when reviewing bonus terms and conditions. It’s the number of times you need to play through the bonus amount before being eligible for a withdrawal. If, for example, you get a wagering requirement of 50 times on a $10 bonus, it means you’ll need to wager at least $500 before making a withdrawal.
It seems like a lot, but keep in mind that online casino games can be really rewarding. Wager free bonuses are rare. The casino’s goal is to remain profitable, so they have to impose certain terms for their bonuses. Your goal is to find a site with fair and favorable terms. That’s why our reviews are so helpful!
Since no deposit bonuses are practically free money that the casino gives out to players, they usually come with a limitation on the winnings you can cash out. If the limit is $100, that’s all you’ll be able to withdraw (even if you win $150). This limit is only implied on the winnings you land with the free credits. When you start winning with your own deposits, you’ll be able to withdraw more money.
Limited Game Offer
This is one of the main disadvantages of no deposit offers when compared to deposit match bonuses. You’ll be able to play a particular set of games (or usually a single slot) with the free spins or credits you’re given. More flexible bonuses are possible, but rare.
Max Bet Limits
A no deposit bonus will also limit each wager you make. For example, a $10 bonus may come with a max allowed bet of $2 per wager. The free spins have a preassigned value (a pretty low one), and you won’t be able to change it.
No deposit offers have a short expiry time after signing up. If you don’t use the credits within a week (or whatever the time limitation might be), you won’t get a second chance at it. Pay attention to the expiry times and use the free spins or credits during that period!
Can Players Win Real Money with a Free Signup Bonus No Deposit Casino?
You’ll get to try games from the website’s offer. All games are programmed by the RNG principle, and they work the same regardless whether you play for real money or with bonus credits. You’re getting equal chances to win money. The only difference is in the terms: you’ll have to meet the playthrough requirements before withdrawing any winnings.
Best Withdrawal Methods in a No Deposit Bonus Casino
Choosing a banking method is mostly about speed and efficiency. It has to be easily available in Canada, and it should get your money to your account as soon as the pending period is over.
These are the banking methods we recommend when using no deposit bonus casinos:
- Debit/credit card: Almost everyone has one, so it’s not necessary for you to create an account or go to the bank. You can use Visa, Maestro, and MasterCard for both deposits and withdrawals at most casinos. In most cases, the funds will be credited to your account within a couple of days.
- E-Wallets: This is the fastest payment method. PayPal is not available in all Canadian online casinos, but Skrill and Neteller are great alternatives!
Overview: Do No Deposit Bonus Casinos Work?
Yes! This is an instant play bonus, which enables you to try a casino before depositing your own money. It works because you get a fair chance to win, and you test how the website works before making a financial commitment.
Still, the terms can be pretty demanding. That’s why it’s important to choose a fair online casino and always read the terms attached to this type of bonus.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the best Canadian online casinos with no deposit bonuses?
We recommend 888 casino, JackpotCity, Casino Cruise, and a few other websites that accept Canadians. You can check our reviews for more details.
- How long is the no deposit bonus active once I claim it?
In most cases, the credits can be used within a week of claiming the offer. Still, you’ll have to check the individual offer’s terms for the exact answer.
- Are there any no deposit bonus codes for Canadians?
Most online casinos don’t require any codes. But we keep exploring the online gambling industry, and we’ll inform you about active codes in our casino reviews.
- Can I claim a no deposit bonus on a mobile?
Yes! When you access a mobile-responsive site through a browser, you can use the same bonus offer as everyone else. Mobile apps also enable you to claim bonuses.
- Why do online casinos offer no deposit bonuses to players?
It’s a strategy for attracting new players. They get your attention with an impressive offer, and offer you more for an actual deposit.
- Why should I trust your recommendations on no deposit casinos?
We test all websites from a user’s point of view. Our team is not associated with any brands from the online gambling industry. We are passionate about online gambling and we share real impressions with our users.
- Can I avoid the rollover requirements for a no deposit bonus?
No; there’s no way to avoid meeting the terms. They are 100% clear and available to read before you claim the offer.
- What types of bonus offers can I use without a deposit?
In most cases, a no deposit bonus comes in the form of free spins for a particular slot. But some websites give out cash that you can use on table games and live dealer games. Check our reviews for more details!