The Martingale Roulette System
If you use the system in the correct way, you can easily follow the strategy and the system would be a perfect one for gamblers with a stable budget in any Сanada casino online. However, you should be aware that not every strategy works in practice and you must decide whether it works for you.
The ‘Harness’ Strategy
Based on the information from the one French journal, the Martingale comes from the same country. It was invented in the 1800s and its name is the indication for a horse tack which harnessed a seat in place. Founding partner of the Martingale, J.Doob presented his math theory of a “harness process,” or “Martingale.” It boosted in popularity and eventually became a popular one when playing different games based on luck.
More About Martingale in Practice
The theory is easy. If you double your wager on each successive loss, you will win and compensate losses while making a certain profit as well. Check the following steps as well:
- Begin with the smallest wager that the table allows
- After a win, make sure to gather chips and continue with another bet
- If you lose, double the bet amount and proceed with doubling the wager until you win
- If you win after a string of successive losses, gather chips and place a lower bet that fits your starting bet.
- Repeat the process
You should start from the small initial bet. It is one of the most important things and you can check how the bet progression looks like after 9 successive losses for the lowest bets:
- 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256
- 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512
- 3, 6, 12, 24, 48, 96, 192, 384, 768
In case of larger bets, you should check the following:
- 5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320, 640, 1280
- 7, 14, 28, 56, 112, 224, 448, 896, 1792
- 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320, 640, 1280, 2560
Based on the previous examples, wagers can enhance dramatically in the shortest possible time. To cover losses, it is important to keep using the system and doubling the wager after every loss. It will become expensive with the rise of the starting bet.
Which Bets Are the Best
Players should stick to Outside wagers, such as odd/even, high/low 18, and black/red when using the previous strategy. They provide the best possible odds and work ideally for Martingale. Each of them comes with an almost 50% chance to claim a win and a payout 1/1.
If you have a look at Martingale in a real-time scenario, you would certainly decide to use this strategy for every spin on the roulette with a minimum wager permitted of C$1. If you apply the previous strategy, you need to place a wager of $1, to begin with, and put the chips in the black pocket.
- The wheel will spin and the ball will land on a black digit providing a payout of C$1. You cash it out and put C$1 on black once again.
- In the following case, the wheel will spin and you place a bet on a red number. You will double the wager by putting C$2 on black.
- When the ball arrives on another red your entire loss is C$3, and you need to double the wager while putting $C4 on black.
- If the ball arrives on a black digit and delivers a payout of C$4, there is another scenario. You lost $3, and now you have only C$1. It means that you have won only C$2! Just cash it out and go ahead with a C$1 bet
Pay attention to how the profit matches the starting bet amount every time a win occurs. If using the Martingale, you should anticipate as large profits as the initial bet.
What Is the Logic of The Martingale
There are many reasons to use this system when playing a online roulette game. It is based on the high probability of even wagers as a certain way to cover losses. The wins make a low profit and players can take advantage of recouping successive losses which is something really attractive. Take a look at the playing process for a long session of nine rounds when placing C$5 bet:
|Bet||Size of the Bet||Win or Loss||Net Earnings|
Two wins out of 9 rounds provide a profit of $10. However, the system works only if you double the wager after every loss. When making smaller enhancements, it is possible to avoid breaking even. With larger enhancements, you will reach the limit of the table before you can cover the losses.
It is also important to notice the distinction between theoretical and real-time situations. The probabilities will not always correspond to the actual result. Even if you have done everything, you can end with a losing streak which will break your budget or the limit of the table. Many players choose to utilize it as a short-term method.
Types of the Martingale
There are three versions of the strategy or:
- Grand Martingale
- Reverse Martingale
- Dynamic Martingale
The Grand Martingale Variation
This version refunds small amounts and you will have doubled the amount of the bet and increased bet by one unit. In case of a loss, a wager of C$1 will double to C$2. Going forward, $1 will be added for an additional bet of C$3. While this enhances the potential payout, it also enhances the risk of excessive betting.
|Round||Bet||Win or Loss||Net Gain|
With this version, you can rely on reverse logic. Players are required to double the starting bet after every win and decrease it to the initial one after every loss. It is only useful during a winning line.
|Round||Bet||Win or Loss||Net Gain|
The Dynamic Martingale
This version requires you to split your wager amongst different, even number bets after a series of successive losses. For instance, once your wager has risen to C$30, you would maintain $15 on black and put C$15 on low 18 for the following round. It is also possible to place C$10 on 3 even number wagers. Wagers can be split in different ways as you want. The Dynamic Martingale is beneficial at tables with a low max wager limit.
|Round||Bet||Win or Loss||Net Gain|
Is Martingale Working?
If we consider that your time and budget are limited, this strategy will bring some risk of losing significant amounts in a short timeframe. Specifically, you have to receive a win earlier than afterward to profit. However, this strategy carries a big risk and only results in a low reward.
Responsible Gambling Notice
- This system is not recommended to users that fight with keeping their limits or chasing losses.
- Determine a budget and don’t bet if you have spent the whole budget
- Consider the table limits before taking any action. Stay away from roulette with a high min requirement on outside wagers.
- Don’t count on the Martingale or any additional system for guaranteed wins. This is a game of chance!
The Martingale is working under optimal circumstances. You should use it at the roulette table with low min wager requirements that enable you to play 7 – 9 rounds until reaching the max bet requirement. There is a low possibility of losing more than 7 successive rounds and you can hit a losing line once within 90 rounds.
What About Calculation
Even money wagers in roulette lose 52.63% on average.
Experienced users should take this info into account during a session. It is the best to use the option as a short-term method. After several wins, cash out your profit and leave or alter the system.
Is the Strategy for You?
If circumstances at the casino are good, and you hold the bankroll to realize it in practice, you should use the Martingale strategy on a short-term basis. If used wisely, it would be a fair roulette experience, especially when it is utilized in the combination with other systems or on a few rounds.