Best Casino Sites to Play Blackjack Online for Real Money
Top Online Blackjack Sites in Canada
Its popularity is owed partly to the ease of play. Everyone can learn to gamble on this game fast. It also has amazing odds in gambling. When you play any blackjack variant, you’re playing against a dealer. Both you and the dealer have one goal – to make hands up to 21 with a limited number of cards.
Blackjack online real money Canada is played with one or more decks of cards (eight maximum), giving a great chance to win in any case. It offers thrilling casino action and is a preferred game by many players today.
Playing Online Blackjack Real Money Canada at the Best Casinos
To play for real winnings and safely, you need to do your gambling at a safe casino. Thankfully, there are several amazing casino sites in Canada that give you access to exclusive bonuses, safe playing, many variants of your favorite games, as well as amazing mobile experience.
On such games, you can expect to withdraw your cash fast and without hassles, as well as pick between various banking methods. A lot of your online experience will depend on which site you choose, which is why you need to tread carefully and pick only the top-rated sites.
How to Choose an Online Casino Blackjack
To make this important decision, you need to look at everything from how popular the site is to what it offers. Here are a few things you should be looking for when picking a casino.
Look for Different Variants of the Game
If you love Blackjack, you will enjoy gambling on a website that features at least the most popular variants of this game. This way, you’ll never get bored. Even better – look for a site with a versatile selection of games in general. Most sites will have plenty of slot machines, some table games, maybe even a live casino.
Make Use of Free Play Opportunities
Unless you are already familiar with the blackjack variant you’re gambling, it’s best to test the field by playing it in demo version. Highly rated sites give players this opportunity before they start gambling for real money.
Not only that – but you might even come across some bonus deals that allow you to play for free, but with real potentials for cash winnings.
Check Out the Live Dealer Category
Live dealer tables are very popular nowadays. In addition to traditional table games, slots, and card games, casinos feature live tables with an actual dealer that you can see and communicate with in real time. Before you start depositing on a site, check out which variants and options they have in this category.
Claim Some Bonus Offers to Use on Online Blackjack
As previously mentioned, you might come across some bonus deals to use on this game, especially if you are a new or VIP player. Casinos have offers like matched bonuses that you can use on these games.
The Best Online Blackjack Variants
There are many variants of this game, but some are more popular than others. Here are the most frequented by online gamblers today.
This variant is very similar to the classic version, but it has one important difference. In European blackjack, the dealer gets one card face-up at the start of a game. When the players’ turn is finished, he deals himself a second card.
In this variant, the dealer gets his second card right after cards are dealt with all players and before players make their decisions.
Classic Blackjack Gold
This particular variant has one of the highest RTP in casinos online – over 99%. There’s just one tiny difference between European Blackjack Gold – it’s played with one deck instead of two.
Multi-hand Blackjack Gold
Picked by experienced players, multi-hand blackjack gold is very similar to the traditional version. It uses five decks shuffled at the end of each round and has many options for players to choose between.
Spanish Blackjack or Spanish 21
Spanish 21 is much different from other types. All 10s are removed from the deck in this game, which creates a smaller deck of 48 cards. Next, players can double down when they want and don’t have to do this at the beginning. Finally, if you have a 21 hand in total, you beat the dealer regardless of anything else.
Double Exposure Blackjack or ‘’zweikartenspiel’’
Before players make decisions, both dealer cards are exposed, which benefits the player a lot. However, this has a big counter – the dealer wins every tie except for when both dealer and players have a blackjack. In the latter case, players are returned their stake.
Atlantic City Blackjack
In Atlantic City blackjack, the dealer stands on soft 17 and peeks for Blackjack as there is a hole card. If dealers have a blackjack, they need to expose the value of the hole card immediately (which is in place on aces and ten-value cards.
Live dealer tables can feature different variants of the game. When you pick such tables, you can speak to and watch the dealer in real time on your screen.
Tips for Playing Blackjack Online
Here are some basic strategies for playing this game:
- Split your cards when:
- You have a pair of Aces
- You have a pair of Eights
- Double down when you’ve been dealt cards that total 9, 10, or 11 (and the dealer’s card is lower than 10)
- Surrender when:
- Your hand has a 6 and a 10 (and the dealer has 9, 10, or Ace)
- Your hand has a 7 and a 9 (and the dealer has 9, 10, or Ace)
- Try different betting systems such as Martingale, Manhattan, and d’Alembert system
- Know the terms and moves of the game before you start gambling with real money
Glossary of Must-Know Blackjack Terms
One great tip for winning more in any casino game is to know all there is about it. Here is a short glossary of the main Blackjack terms:
- First base: betting spot at the dealer’s left i.e. the first person to be dealt cards
- Hard hand: hand in which you have a chance to bust on a hit
- Five card Charlie: automatic win or bonus in some variants when your hand contains five cards without busting
- Hit: when you click on this button, you get one card from the dealer
- Stand: when you click on this button, it means that you’re happy with your cards and don’t need a new one
- Natural: when you get a 21 sum in your first 2 cards i.e. blackjack
- Hole card: dealer card dealt face down, not revealed to players until they make their bets
- Surrender: you fold your hand and get half back of your stake (do this when you think you’ll lose)
- Split: you can split two cards into two new hands (but you’ll double your bet, too)
- Side bets: offered at the beginning, these can come in many forms and include things like Insurance, 21+3 and Perfect Pairs
- Insurance: players are given a chance to make a side bet (up to half the value of the original bet) when the dealer has an ace. If the dealer has blackjack, the bet pays 2:1
- Multi-hand: bet on more hands, up to 5 in total
- Pitch game: game dealt from dealers using 1 or 2 decks
- Double down: double your stake and can’t accept more cards
- Push: when both dealer and player have the same hand total below 22
Online Blackjack Real Money vs. Free Blackjack
Just like you can play free slots, you can play free blackjack. Here are some of the characteristics of both:
Real money blackjack
- Opportunity to win real money prizes on tournaments
- Gives you access to exclusive promotions and bonuses
- Get access to more variants
- Play live dealer games
- No need to download or sign up
- You won’t potentially lose money (but you cannot win either)
- A great way to practice your strategies
Playing the Game on Your Mobile
At modern and quality casinos, you can play your favorite games on almost every device. These are optimized for Android and iOS and might even allow you to gamble on an app. You can expect the same quality of experience, as well as same features on your smartphone as you can on desktop.
Since modern casino sites are mobile-optimized, you can expect the blackjack table to fit perfectly into your screen, with all buttons at your fingertips. You can also use your mobile to claim bonuses, make deposits and request withdrawals, join live dealer tables, and even speak to the casino support.
Bonuses and Promotions Found at a Blackjack Online Casino
Almost every online casino is keen to get new players to gamble on their site, which is why you can find all sorts of bonus offers when you gamble online. From registration bonuses to bonus codes for occasional promotions, sites are full of tempting surprises for their new and loyal players.
In most cases, you’ll find a sign up bonus on sites you haven’t played at. The bonus can include free spins, a deposit bonus, or/ and a matched offer. You might also find an instant play bonus or a no deposit promotion, as well as wager free cash or free spins to use.
Before you claim any kind of offer, make sure to check the casino’s Terms and Conditions. Claiming bonuses can be tempting when the numbers are high, but some sites make it impossible for their players to withdraw their winnings.
Ideally, you need a site with a big sign up bonus and low wagering requirements. You can use these to play on blackjack tables. However, you should also keep in mind that blackjack usually does not account for 100% in terms of wagering requirements, so you might have to play longer to be able to withdraw your winnings.
- Can I play blackjack online for fun without betting money?
- Yes. You can play this game in demo version, but keep in mind that you cannot win real money when you play the free version of this, or any other game. You might also play free if you use a bonus gifted by the casino.
- Can I win real money if I play from my mobile?
- Yes. As long as you play for real money and not in demo, you can win and withdraw some cash regardless of which device you are using to gamble.
- How is Blackjack dealt?
- The dealer is who deals cards in this game. They deal up one card to each player and one down card to themselves. Then, they deal up a second card to each player, followed by their up card.
- Is gambling on blackjack legal in Canada?
- Yes. Canada has no laws against playing this game. As long as you’re gambling at a safe and licensed casino, you can do this worry-free.
- How much money can I make playing this game?
- This depends on which game you choose, how much you bet, and of course – how much luck you have. The biggest blackjack won was in 1995 when a player wagered 250,000 dollars on each round and won $40 million.
- Can I use PayPal to deposit and play online blackjack Canada?
- Yes. There are websites that include this in their banking options, which means that you can make deposits and withdrawals by using PayPal regardless of which of their offered games you pick.